Helping Business on Valentia Island
VIDC is a not-for-profit company dedicated to ensuring a sustainable future for the community on Valentia Island by promoting employment and enterprise on the Island. Current initiatives include:
- The development of a socio-economic plan for Valentia Island
- Delivery of a comprehensive whole-island tourism strategy
- Support for local businesses and local community groups
- Establishment of an independent festival & events committee
- Development of Valentia Lighthouse as an international tourist attraction
- Development of the Harbour at Valentia for both fishing and tourism
- Promotion of the Cable Station as an Internationally recognised world heritage site
- Completion of a comprehensive feasibility study for the Island
- Retention of Valentia Coastguard and Marine Radio Station
- Establishment of an island-wide energy co-operative
VIDCo Board members are all volunteers with a keen interest in the overall development of Valentia Island:
Mícheál Lyne, Fionán Murphy, Seanie Murphy, Vincent Kidd, Conchubhair Lyne, Colum O’Connell, Martina Casey, Peter MacNamara and Aidan Forde.
If you have any suggestions or if you just want to get in touch with us, please send us an email at: [email protected]
Thank you all!