The Royal Valentia is steeped in history dating from the 1830s. It has played host to members of the Royal family along with many dignitaries over its 200 years. Today, run by brother & sister team, Fiona & Vincent Kidd, the Royal offers the weary traveller a wonderful location on the waterfront in Knightstown to enjoy all that Valentia Island has to offer.
A delicious menu is available 7 days a week all year in the bar incorporating local produce, a wonderful open fire and ice cold pints.
Newly refurbished beautifully appointed room and the most comfortable beds – a perfect ending to an action-packed day on Valentia Island. Vincent and Fiona have worked tirelessly over the last few years to bring The Royal into the 21st century while retaining the stunning architectural features of the 19th century and although they are from Dublin (we have forgiven them that) they have fitted seamlessly in the fabric of this quirky little island & look forward to welcoming you to their little piece of heaven!
Open: All Year
- All rooms en-suite
- Full traditional Irish breakfast or continental breakfast buffet
- Cosy bar with open fireplace
- Extensive bar menu available throughout the year
- Function room available for weddings or conferences
- Double, Twin, Deluxe and Family rooms
- Cots & toddler beds are available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Stunning architectural features
- Iron & ironing board
- Accepts all major credit/laser cards
- Tea & coffee making facilities